The Revere Court Day Club is a specialized social day program for people with Alzheimer’s and related forms of dementia. The Day Program includes meals, snacks, assistance with special diets and medications, supervision, and a therapeutic activities program. Services are provided Monday through Friday 8am – 6pm.
- Integrated recreational and therapeutic activities
- Supervision and assistance with activities of daily living
- Meals and snacks offered throughout the day
- Transportation available
Benefits of an Adult Day Program
Caregivers may feel reluctant to use adult day care services because they seem unfamiliar, or because a loved one is hesitant to try something new. Participants benefit from socializing with others and receiving needed care services. Caregivers benefit by getting a break from caregiving duties while knowing that a loved one is in good hands.
For the participant, adult day care’s benefits can be extensive:
- A safe, secure environment in which to spend the day
- Enjoyable and educational activities
- Improvement in mental and physical health
- Enhanced or maintained level of independence
- Socialization and peer support
- Nutritious meals and snacks
It’s usually challenging to admit you need help, especially if you’ve been a highly independent person used to caring for others all your life! And if you’re the caregiver, it may be equally difficult to consider allowing “strangers” to care for your beloved family member. Or you may feel guilty if your loved one is not initially willing to go.
You should seriously consider using an adult day care when a senior:
- Can no longer structure his or her own daily activities
- Is isolated and desires companionship
- Can’t be safely left alone at home
- Lives with someone who works outside the home or who is frequently away from home for other reasons
To view our Revere Court Day Program Calendar, click here.
Click here to view the Revere Court Facebook page!